[Python-ideas] Before and after the colon in funciton defs.

David Townshend aquavitae69 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:19:54 CEST 2011

I agree, both are ugly (btw, mine wasn't a proposal, just an
illustration that it is possible with the status quo).

One question I have is would the locals be local to a specific call or
the the function object? I don't know enough about the python language
internals to know the correct terminology to explain what I mean, but
from a users point of view, would the locals be reset at every call?
The fact that they are locals implies that they don't exist outside a
function call, but assigning them in the function definition implies
that they exist within the function object in a similar way to the
value of keyword arguments.

David