[Python-ideas] Python-ideas Digest, Vol 65, Issue 43

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Fri Apr 27 08:25:57 CEST 2012

Hell!

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 08:45:20AM +0300, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> won't install some awkward terminal

   "awkward" indeed! Trolling as usual, yeah?

> Requirement to "use something proper
> beforehand" was neither a solution nor an alternative.

   It was not a requirement, just an advice. But that was an advice to
solve a real problem. Replying to digest brings a lot of problems and
thus prevents effective communication. Email, mailing lists and archives
don't make sense if they don't help to communicate.
   And it was only AN advice, not THE advice. Another solution for the
same problem would be not to reply to digest. I am sure there are other
solutions.

> I am not sure that `programs` nowadays makes any sense if you can not
> access your data from all the entrypionts.

   Do you believe - those "awkward" terminal programs works remotely
quite fine?!

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytman            http://phdru.name/            phd at phdru.name