[Python-ideas] Unpack of sequences

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 00:18:30 CEST 2012

Just backing Guido up here (not that he needs it): we've put a lot of work
into making sure that the Python 3 compiler can see all local name
definitions at compile time. Ideas that involve reverting that simply
aren't going to be accepted.

I'm personally less opposed to ideas for a new assignment statement that
explicitly treats the lhs as a parameter definition and the rhs as an
argument list and binds values to names accordingly, but even that would be
a hard sell.

--
Sent from my phone, thus the relative brevity :)