[Python-ideas] async: feedback on EventLoop API

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Dec 18 17:59:55 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Geert Jansen <geertj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I needed a self-pipe on Windows before. See below. With this, the
> select() based loop might work unmodified on Windows.
>
> https://gist.github.com/4325783

Thanks! Before I paste this into Tulip, is there any kind of copyright on this?

> Of course it wouldn't be as efficient as an IOCP based loop.

The socket loop is definitely handy on Windows in a pinch. I have
plans for an IOCP-based loop based on Richard Oudkerk's 'proactor'
branch of Tulip v1, but I don't have a Windows machine to test it on
ATM (hopefully that'll change once I am actually at Dropbox).

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)