[Python-ideas] Python 3000 TIOBE -3%

Yuval Greenfield ubershmekel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:13:03 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Masklinn <masklinn at masklinn.net> wrote:

> On 2012-02-09, at 15:36 , anatoly techtonik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I didn't want to grow FUD on python-dev, but a FUD there seems to be a
> good
> > topic for discussion here.
> > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
>
> 1. Python-ideas is not the right place for this stuff (neither is
> Python-dev, by the way)
> 2. Why would anybody care exactly?

   1. Where would be the correct place to talk about a grand state of
   python affairs?
   2. Like it or not, many use such ratings to decide which language to
   learn, which language to use for their next project and whether or not to
   be proud of their language of choice.

I think it's important for python to be popular and good. One without the
other isn't too useful.

Yuval