[Python-ideas] channel (synchronous queue)

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Sun Feb 19 19:01:31 CET 2012

Den 19.02.2012 18:44, skrev Guido van Rossum:
> I may be taking this out of context, but I have a really hard time
> understanding what you were trying to say. What does it mean for a
> complaint to be simple? Did you leave out a word in haste? (I know
> that happens a lot to me. :-)

Sorry for the rude language. I ment I think  it is a problem that does
not belong in the standard library, but perhaps in a cookbook. It is ~20
lines of trivial code with objects already in the standard library.
Well, one could say the same thing about a queue too (it's just deque
and a lock), but it is very useful and commonly used, so there is a
difference.

Sturla