[Python-ideas] shutil.runret and shutil.runout

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:31:19 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't you find strange that shell utils module don't have any
> functions for the main shell function - command execution?
> In game development current state of subprocess bloat is called
> "featurecrepping" and the "scope definition" is a method to cope with
> this disease.

They may still end up in shutil. I haven't really decided which
location I like better.

However, if you (or anyone else) wants to see Python's innate
capabilities improve in this area (and they really are subpar compared
to Perl 5, for example), your best bet is to download my Shell Command
module and give me feedback on any problems you find with it via the
BitBucket issue tracker.

http://shell-command.readthedocs.org

Cheers,
Nick.