[Python-ideas] shutil.runret and shutil.runout

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:32:05 CET 2012

On 24 February 2012 12:41, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kenneth Reitz (author of "requests") has also spent some time
> tinkering with subprocess invocation API design concepts:
> https://github.com/kennethreitz/envoy

Vinay Sanjip extended this with "sarge" (available on PyPI, IIRC). One
key advantage of sarge for me is that it handles piping and
redirection in a cross-platfom manner, rather than just deferring to
the shell. (I think envoy does this too, but it's not very reliable on
WIndows from what I recall of my brief experiments).

Paul.