[Python-ideas] Pythonic buffering in Py3 print()

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 11 07:15:31 CET 2012

| On Jan 9, 2012, at 7:52 PM, INADA Naoki wrote:
| > What about adding flush=False keyword argument to print()?
|
| I would expect flush=False to mean "please don't flush this right now,
| even if I do use a newline."
|
| flush=None?

+1 from me, if None means "honour the file's default flushing
behaviour".
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Since I've mentioned the subject of geneology, I'll repeat a story I heard
about a poor fellow over on airstrip one.  Seems he spent the most recent
thirty years of his life tracking down his family history.  Spent hundreds
of pounds, traveled, devoted his life to it.  Then, last month, a cousin
told him he was adopted.  Ahhh, sweet irony.
        - Tim_Mefford <tim at physics.orst.edu>