[Python-ideas] Netiquette issues (was Re: "while ... try" - block or "for ... try" - block)

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Wed Jan 11 18:43:53 CET 2012

Folks,

I'm a moderator.  Volunteer, true, but a moderator nonetheless.  And
I've had enough.

So:

Netiquette discussions are always fascinating, but please, let's stop talking
about how other people should post.  Most of my e-mail from this list over the
last few days has been from people on this list nattering about how gmail foo
and mailer blah, and it is OFF TOPIC and NO LONGER WELCOME.  (Frankly, you
should have figured this out for yourselves.)

If you feel absolutely compelled to tell people that they are lousy netizens
and/or correct them on their posting style, please do so PRIVATELY and not
on this list.

Please e-mail me PRIVATELY if you disagree with this.  Brett Cannon is the
other list admin, and you should feel free to tell him how much you dislike
me & my overbearing moderator ways.

Further e-mails on netiquette will result in those people no longer being
able to post without moderation.

thanks,
--titus

p.s. This is not aimed especially at Ethan -- it was just the latest e-mail
that pushed me over the edge :)
C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu