[Python-ideas] os.listdir default to '.'

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Jan 13 00:24:59 CET 2012

On 13Jan2012 09:26, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
| Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> writes:
| > I think it should be '.' [instead of ‘os.path.curdir’].
| >
| > It is possible to arrange directory permissions so that you can't open
| > curdir because it traverses a directory to which one lacks permissions,
| > but you can still open '.'.
|
| What distinction are you drawing?
|
|     >>> os.path.curdir
|     '.'

A totally bogus distinction. I had os.getcwd() in my head instead.
Please ignore my post:-(

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

This signature was originally recorded on analog equipment. While we have
attempted to preserve the meaning of the original, the high resolution of
this media may reveal limitations of the source.
        - paul-michael agapow <agapow at latcs1.oz.au>