[Python-ideas] Explanation on how to search the archives

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Jul 7 21:01:59 CEST 2012

Christopher Reay wrote:

> Is there a page suggesting how to search archives effectively?
[...]
> What do you think?

I think that is an excellent idea for some person or persons to write up on
their blogs or other websites. There's no need to wait for permission, or for
The One True Official Page -- anyone can write up a page and link to it.

There is even a python.org wiki, sadly under-utilized in my opinion. Anyone
with an account who wants to start a page there can.

Not every concept vaguely related to programming in Python falls under the
responsibility of python.org. Teaching people how to search the Internet and
interact with mailing lists without being annoying is not the job of the
Python devs, but it's a good way for people to help out.

--
Steven