[Python-ideas] Supporting already opened sockets in our socket-based server classes

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Jun 6 14:28:50 CEST 2012

Le 06/06/2012 09:56, Tarek Ziadé a écrit :

> What I am proposing is the following syntax:
>
> if the host passed to the class is of the form:
>
>      fd://12
>
> The class will try to create a socket object against the file descriptor
> 12, and will not bind() it neither accept() it.

Passing a pseudo-URL where a host name is expected sounds like a bad
idea. Also, I don't understand the "neither accept() it" part. Surely
you need to accept() incoming connections, so perhaps you mean "neither
listen() it"?

(also, I'm not sure calling listen() another time is a problem)

Regards

Antoine.