[Python-ideas] Nudging beginners towards a more accurate mental model for loop else clauses

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pyideas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 20:16:03 CEST 2012

I've had a thought on this topic; how would it be to completely leave else
out of the if, for, and while sections, then give else its own section
explaining exactly how it works in each situation where it is applicable?
I'd be happy to write up a sample later this evening if this thought isn't
completely shot down :)

As a side note, I didn't even know there was a while...else construct until
I saw this discussion. I'd heard of for...else, but not with while.