[Python-ideas] Add adaptive-load salt-mandatory hashing functions?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jun 13 22:38:19 CEST 2012

I'd love to have a PBKDF2 implementation in the stdlib.  My flufl.password
module has an implementation donated by security expert Bob Fleck.  Any
insecure implementation bugs are solely blamed on me though. ;)

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~barry/flufl.password/trunk/view/head:/flufl/password/schemes.py#L171

The API is a little odd because it fits into the larger API for
flufl.password, but if it's useful, I'd happily cleanup and donate the code
for the stdlib.  OTOH, I'd be just as happy (maybe more) to get rid of it in
favor of a stdlib implementation.

Cheers,
-Barry