[Python-ideas] Just __main__

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jun 19 09:58:30 CEST 2012

anatoly techtonik writes:

 > It would be more convincing to have a solid counter argument for
 > -1,

"Not every three-line function needs to be a builtin."
"Explicit is better than implicit."
"Simple is better than complex."
"There should be one (and preferably only one) obvious way to do it."

 > or else I am inclined to count 'no point' arguments as -0.

Feel free; it doesn't matter to me, and I don't much matter to the
decision, either.  Not to mention that you don't do the counting.

The people who will actually make a decision on this don't need it
spelled out, though, and your ideas would get better reception from
Those Whose Opinions Really Count if you would filter them through the
Zen before posting.