[Python-ideas] EBNF-module in stdlib

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Mar 23 18:35:12 CET 2012

Lukas Lueg, 23.03.2012 17:50:
> I started looking into RPython some time ago and found the included
> parser-module highly useful. It provides an (again extended)
> EBNF-parser with capable visitors to get parse-trees out of a simple
> BN-syntax.

There are a number of capable parser packages for Python, including
pyparsing and some lex/yacc like parsers. I don't think the parser you
mentioned above beats them in turns of wide spread application, but that
would usually be a good sign for something being worth adding to the stdlib.

Also note that there are certain requirements for a new stdlib package,
including the donation by the author and the availability of an active
maintainer for it as part of the stdlib.

Stefan