[Python-ideas] bool(datetime.time(0, 0))

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue May 8 08:21:07 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
>> In matters of opinion, the status quo reigns.
>
> That's somewhat of an exaggeration. The mere existence of a single
> dissenting opinion isn't enough to block all progress/changes.

For what it's worth, I am also against changing the status quo.
time(0) is special: it is the smallest possible value.  If you deal
with low resolution time values, say hourly schedules, it is not
unreasonable to test for time(0).  For example, when estimating daily
averages, midnight samples can be weighted by 1/2 to account for the
uncertainty in assigning midnight to a given day.