[Python-ideas] shutil.run (Was: shutil.runret and shutil.runout)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:41:28 CEST 2012

Right, security implications are one of the reasons why I've held back from
proposing Shell Command. The lack of cross platform support is also a pain.
This suggestion shares both of those problems.

Having dealt with long running child processes lately, I can also say that
producing output line-by-line would be on my personal list of requirements.

So, yeah, interesting idea, but this is still an area that needs a lot of
exploration on PyPI before we select an answer for the stdlib.

--
Sent from my phone, thus the relative brevity :)