[Python-ideas] Add a generic async IO poller/reactor to select module

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri May 25 00:37:52 CEST 2012

On 24May2012 14:03, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
| Also, I don't know why you would specify poller.READ or poller.WRITE
| explicitly. Usually you are interested in all events, no?

Personally, I would want specificity. If I only care about write (eg I'm
only sending), I would only specify poller.WRITE and have my handler
only know and care about that. Possibly it would be good to be able to
raise an exception for events I hadn't handled, but I'd be half inclined
to have my handler do that, were it wanted (yes, there is some tension
in this sentence).

Unless I'm missing something here.

Just my 2c,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I just didn't give up, not riding it out wasn't an option. You don't
crash, until you do. The longer you ride it out the more likely you
are to ride it out. Throwing it away, saves nothing.    - J. Pridmore