[Python-ideas] Async API: some code to review

Don Spaulding donspauldingii at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:31:11 CET 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Steve Dower <Steve.Dower at microsoft.com>wrote:

> Despite this intended application, I have tried to approach this design
> task independently to produce an API that will work for many cases,
> especially given the narrow focus on sockets. If people decide to get hung
> up on "the Microsoft way" or similar rubbish then I will feel vindicated
> for not mentioning it earlier :-) - it has not had any more influence on
> wattle than any of my other past experience has.

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'The Microsoft
Way' at will to old developers. There is a pestilence upon this land!
Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design async APIs are under
considerable hegemonic stress at this point in time.

/me crawls back under his rock.