[Python-ideas] The async API of the future

Richard Oudkerk shibturn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 12:20:54 CET 2012

On 03/11/2012 9:22am, Sturla Molden wrote:
> No, it does something completely different. It registers a callback function for a single event object and waits. We were talking about multiplexing a wait for more than 64 objects.

By using an appropriate callback you easily implement something like
WaitForMultipleObjects() which does not have the 64 handle limit
(without having to explicitly start any threads).

More usefully if the callback posts a message to an IOCP then it lets
you use the IOCP to wait on non-IO things.

--
Richard