[Python-ideas] Support data: URLs in urllib

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Wed Nov 7 06:08:23 CET 2012

Had not known about the 'data' url scheme. Thanks for pointing out (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2397 ) and the documentation patch.
BTW, documentation patch is easy to get in, but should the support in
a more natural form, where data url is parsed internally by the module
and expected results be returned should be considered? That could be
targeted for 3.4 and docs recipe does serve for all the other
releases.

Thank you,
Senthil