[Python-ideas] BetterWalk, a better and faster os.walk() for Python

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Nov 23 05:52:25 CET 2012

On 23/11/12 13:48, Andrew Barnert wrote:
> [...]

I don't think that is correct. /proc is a UNIX feature, not just Linux. It
exists on Unixes such as FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, AIX, as well as
Unix-like Linux and QNX. Even Plan 9, which is not Unix, has /proc.

OS X is also a Unix. Since 10.5, OS X has been registered with the SUS
("Single UNIX Specification") and has received UNIX certification.

--
Steven