[Python-ideas] docs.python.org

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Fri Oct 26 20:04:09 CEST 2012

Am 26.10.2012 19:56, schrieb Bruce Leban:
> There are tons of links out there that would break if you switched to
> docs2 and docs3. JS is better. And it would accommodate a feature where
> a user can set a preference of what version of python documentation they
> want to see rather than defaulting to 2.7 or 3.x.

We can have the FQDNs additionally to http://docs.python.org and have
them as mnemonic for the correct Python 2.x or 3.x docs. It's easy to
create an Apache rewrite rule that redirects the user to the proper
documents.

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} =docs3.python.org [NC]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://docs.python.org/release/3.3.0/$1 [R=301,L]

Yury, I'm not arguing against your JS UI -- I actually like it. I like
to have both.

Christian