[Python-ideas] docs.python.org

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 21:13:35 CEST 2012

On 26/10/2012 19:09, Yury Selivanov wrote:

> The thing about 'doc2' & 'doc3' urls I don't like is that sooner or later
> users will use python 3.  There is no future for python 2.  That's why
> I think that it's better to have just one main doc destination that
> everybody knows, uses, and posts links to.  Just my 2 cents.
>
> -
> Yury

I entirely agree with your sentiments.  Complaints along the lines of
"but library xyz isn't compatible with Python 3" should be met with a
response from the Python community "what can we do to fix this
situation".  A very personnal preference, but I would like to see this
happening rather than having people playing with new toys, like the
Async API. YMMV.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.