[Python-ideas] i18n and Python tracebacks

Mariano Reingart reingart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 08:39:22 CET 2012

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mariano Reingart wrote:
>> Sorry if there is any mistake, I hope the interested people (here in
>> Argentina at least),  with more experience in C and Python, would help
>> me to fix/enhance this and/or champion it.
>>
>> Do you think this is the right way?
>
> The basic concept appears sound, but you'll want to work against the
> py3k branch rather than trunk.

Done (sorry for the 2-year delay), it implements Py_GETTEXT against py3.3+:

http://bugs.python.org/issue16344

Updated proposal:

http://python.org.ar/pyar/TracebackInternationalizationProposal

BTW, I've make a patch for a related issue too (utf-8):

http://bugs.python.org/issue16343

If this Traceback Internationalization Proposal makes sense, I could
present it on the PyCon Argentina 2012 Core-Python Sprint to see if we
can advance it:

http://ar.pycon.org/2012/projects/index#134

Best regards

Mariano Reingart