[Python-ideas] Async API

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Sun Oct 28 17:58:05 CET 2012

Laurens Van Houtven [_ at lvh.cc] wrote:
> Also, there's a great introduction at http://krondo.com/?page_id=1327 ;
> which unfortunately comes wrapped as a twisted tutorial ;) (You can
> stop reading a while in when it becomes twisted-specific).

That's a great description (even the parts about Twisted ;) ) - bookmarked. Thanks!

My one dislike about the general introduction is the sole focus on I/O. In its context (as a Twisted intro) this is entirely understandable, but I'm afraid some people may come away thinking that async never involves threads. (Not that waiting on a thread is any different to waiting on I/O. Thread parallelism is a completely different concept, of course.)

Cheers,
Steve