[Python-ideas] Async API: some code to review

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 30 06:20:13 CET 2012

Steve Dower wrote:

>>I believe it will be possible to provide a scheduler in the stdlib that will be satisfactory
>>for the vast majority of applications.
>
> I agree, and I chose my words poorly for that point: "library/framework
> developers" is more accurate than "end user".

I don't think that even library developers should need to write
their own scheduler very often.

> And since I expect every GUI
> framework is going to need (or at least want) their own scheduler,

I don't agree with that. They might need their own event loop,
but I haven't seen any reason so far to think they would need
their own coroutine scheduler.

Remember that Guido wants to keep the event loop stuff and the
scheduler stuff very clearly separated. The scheduler will all
be pure Python and should be usable with just about any
event loop.

--
Greg