[Python-ideas] Async API: some code to review

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 31 22:31:58 CET 2012

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Just get with the program and use yield-from exclusively.

I didn't realise there was a "program" here, just a discussion about an API design. I've already raised my concerns with using yield from exclusively, but since the performance argument trumps all of those then there is little more I can contribute.

When a final design begins to stabilise, I will see how I can make use of it in my own code. Until then, I'll continue using Futures, which are ideal for my current needs. I won't be forcing 'yield from' onto my users until its usage is clear and I can provide them with suitable guidance.

Cheers,
Steve