[Python-ideas] Add Clang to distutils

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Aug 25 01:26:45 CEST 2013

On 25/08/13 07:54, Ryan Gonzalez wrote:
> Well, the name is pretty self-explanatory. I'm working on a patch right
> now. It my tests(I went through the file and replaced all occurrences of
> 'gcc' with 'clang'), everything compiled fine. I can't see an reason why
> it'd hurt something.

Are you suggesting that the maintainer of distutils should take over maintenance of clang, in order to make clang a part of distutils? Do the current maintainers of clang get a say in this?

If that's not what you mean, perhaps what you mean isn't quite so self-explanatory as you think. In what sense should clang be added to distutils? gcc isn't currently part of distutils. It's an external dependency, not an internal component.

--
Steven