[Python-ideas] libuv based eventloop for tulip experiment

Nikolay Kim fafhrd91 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:32:02 CET 2013

On Feb 5, 2013, at 2:58 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saghul at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just updated rose [0] to match latest changes in Tulip API and remove
>> Tulip itself from the code, now a proper EventLoopPolicy is defined, which
>> will in turn use the pyuv-based event loop.
>
> Neat!
>
> I wonder if you could see how many of Tulip's own tests pass with your
> event loop implementation?

two tests are failing. i think thats very good result.

FAIL: test_start_serving_cant_bind (tulip.events_test.UVEventLoopTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.3/lib/python3.3/unittest/mock.py", line 1088, in patched
    return func(*args, **keywargs)
  File "/Users/nikolay/dev/tulip/src/tulip/tulip/events_test.py", line 497, in test_start_serving_cant_bind
    self.assertRaises(Err, self.event_loop.run_until_complete, fut)
AssertionError: Err not raised by run_until_complete

FAIL: test_baseexception_during_cancel (tulip.tasks_test.TaskTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/nikolay/dev/tulip/src/tulip/tulip/tasks_test.py", line 451, in test_baseexception_during_cancel
    self.assertRaises(BaseException, self.event_loop.run_once)
AssertionError: BaseException not raised by run_once