[Python-ideas] libuv based eventloop for tulip experiment

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saghul at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:24:35 CET 2013

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé<saghul at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Nikolay Kim wrote:
>>> i used uv_events as default event loop and ran all tulip tests with it.
>>> but those failures are not related to uv_events anyway
>>> I'd inherit uv_events.EventLoop from base_events.BaseEventLoop.
>>>
>> Why? There is not much code that can be reused, since timers are not needed
>> and the _run_once function is also not applicable.
>
> Because the test mocks base_events.socket. :-) That's not a great
> reason, I agree. Perhaps you and Nikolay can work on a better way to
> do the mocking so it doesn't rely on base_events?

I see. I modified it to inherit from BaseEventLoop now. I found a bug in
the way rose executes handler callbacks
(https://github.com/saghul/rose/commit/94e984cf756c3d0730acf804c18cab682cffd6d6)
I need to think how to implement this, probably saving the first base
exception, stopping the processing and reraising it...

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
http://saghul.net/blog | http://about.me/saghul