[Python-ideas] exclusively1, common, exclusively2 = set1 - set2, set1 & set2, set2 - set1

Ron Adam ron3200 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 19:51:20 CEST 2013

On 07/06/2013 11:46 AM, Paddy3118 wrote:

> We are currently arguing on the name which I must admit does need to be
> agreed, but usually takes a disproportionate amount of time to agree.
> (Especially when we all think that of course my solution is obviously the
> best ;-)

A good practice when it comes to names here, if a there isn't a obvious
name to use, is to decide on a temporary name while the exact behaviour is
being worked out.

Later, if there is some consensus for adding the feature to python's
library, collect name suggestions and then have an informal poll/discussion
for the best name/spelling out of those suggestions.

That has worked well in the past and avoids getting bogged down early on
because of the name.

Cheers,
    Ron