[Python-ideas] shlex escapes without Posix mode

Ryan rymg19 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 21:22:39 CEST 2013

Note: This is my first post to the mailing list, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or something.

I've been playing around with shlex.lately, and I mostly like it, but I have an idea.

Have an option with the ability to enable certain Posix mode features selectively, most particularly character escapes. It could be something like, if Posix mode is disabled, the string of escape characters is set to empty or None, and assigning a value to it enables that feature in non-Posix mode.