[Python-ideas] PEP 426, YAML in the stdlib and implementation discovery

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Jun 4 17:34:54 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Calvin Spealman <ironfroggy at gmail.com> wrote:
> At this point I would argue against any new modules by default. How does the
> cost and liability of yaml in the standard library make up for such a ring
> benefit as excluding one little line from my requirements.txt?

Disagree. Lots of users don't have the luxury of running in an
environment where internet dependencies can be automatically
installed. For many (probably most non-developer) users, there is a
*huge* gap between "is in the stdlib" and "requires internet access to
install".

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)