[Python-ideas] applying the PSF Code of Conduct to this mailing list

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Jun 6 05:38:29 CEST 2013

On 06/06/13 08:49, Ethan Furman wrote:

>> But even if I am wrong, and Brett and Titus are owners in the sense that they, and they alone, get to decide what
>> happens with this list, it is hardly open, respectful or considerate to impose this sort of sort of policy change on the
>> list without giving members the opportunity to express their thoughts on the matter first.
>
> This list is not a democracy.

Please read my comment again. Even if Brett and Titus are dictators entitled to do whatever they like with this mailing list, shut it down or put it behind a paywall or censor emails or evict people on a whim or retroactively change the terms and conditions of being a member, doing so *is not open, respectful or considerate* -- the three things which the CoC is supposed to enforce.

>  If you (generic you) don't like the changes that are made, vote with your feet (fingers?) and create your own mailing list.

Is this an example of the openness to all that the CoC is supposed to stand for? "Agree with us, or GTFO".

--
Steven