[Python-ideas] applying the PSF Code of Conduct to this mailing list

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Jun 6 12:02:39 CEST 2013

Steven D'Aprano writes:

 > Even if Brett and Titus are dictators entitled to do whatever they
 > like with this mailing list, shut it down or put it behind a
 > paywall or censor emails or evict people on a whim or retroactively
 > change the terms and conditions of being a member, doing so *is not
 > open, respectful or considerate* -- the three things which the CoC
 > is supposed to enforce.

And they've not done, and will not do, any of those nasty things
listed above.  Several years of history demonstrate that they are
*benevolent* dictators who do a good job of *representing* community
values, rather than trying to *set* values.  BDship is a governance
structure that has proved its worth in Python in several ways.  IMHO,
this bugfix ("documenting the undocumented") proves it again.

And we each get a pony: if any one violated any of the rules as
unwritten, he is forgiven and starts fresh now that they are written.