[Python-ideas] Add "htmlcharrefreplace" error handler

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Jun 14 11:06:55 CEST 2013

On 14/06/13 18:49, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> "Keeping the HTML source ASCII-only" is just silly IMO,

Surely no sillier than "keep the Python std lib source ASCII-only".

> and it doesn't
> warrant special support in Python's codec error handlers.

We're talking about this as if it were a major change. Doesn't this count as a trivial addition? The only question in my mind is, "Are the HTML char ref rules different enough from the XML rules that Python should provide both?"

--
Steven