[Python-ideas] PEP 315: do-while

jimjhb at aol.com jimjhb at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 22:48:49 CEST 2013

Sounds good to me.  Just let people know it's OK to use breaks!!!

MISRA-C 1998 (I know it's C, but people extrapolated that to other languages) banned continues and breaks.
MISRA-C 2004 allowed for one break in a loop.

But by that point the damage had been done.  Now there are lots of folks out there that have been trained to NOT use break and continue (ever), even in Python.

So the notion was an attempt to deal with that perhaps unreasonable, but still actual, reality.

-Jim