[Python-ideas] Updated PEP 428 (pathlib)

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Wed Mar 6 23:14:57 CET 2013

On 2013-03-06 21:18, Andrew Barnert wrote:
> [...]
For some reason, p.basename('.zip') feels 'wrong' to me, but
p.basename() feels OK. Perhaps it's because it's not immediately
obvious what the optional argument is for (or, at least, that's how it
seems to me!).

On the other hand, p.stripext('.zip') feels OK because it suggests
that you're stripping off the '.zip' extension (compare with str.strip),
but would that mean that you'd expect p.stripext() also to strip off
the extension, whatever it was?