[Python-ideas] Official MySQL module

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Thu Mar 7 23:00:52 CET 2013

No database connector module should ever be part of the standard library
unless that entire database is included as part of Python distributions.
 MySQL isn't part of Python so all mysql connector modules belong as third
party things (perhaps as part of mysql itself if they wanted to get their
act together).

want sqlite?  we bundle it.  want something else?  you have to install
something else separately so you have to install its connector module
separately as well.

-gps