[Python-ideas] Official MySQL module

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Fri Mar 8 20:48:41 CET 2013

Le 08/03/2013 09:07, Joao S. O. Bueno a écrit :
> the mention somewhere else that in Free Software
> environment, saying "3rd party"  can be misleading.

In Python documentation and materials, we use that term to mean “not
included in the standard library”.  The user is one party, the Python
distribution is another one, and modules that are not in the stdlib are
called “third-party modules” and available from sources such as PyPI.  I
don’t think there’s more than that to it.

Regards