[Python-ideas] PEP: Extended stat_result (First Draft)

Pieter Nagel pieter at nagel.co.za
Tue May 7 09:00:59 CEST 2013

I want to thank every one for their feedback so far.

I have a lot of changes to make, a lot to mull over, I anticipate a
revised draft sometime next week,

One large area of contention is the naming of is_file vs file. I realise
that I've been following an implicit argument to follow PEP 428 rather
than os.path's names, and I'll make my rationale why very clear in the
next draft. My legalistic invocations of PEP 8 were more an attempt to
reverse-engineer why PEP 428 uses is_file and why python-dev seems, to
me, to take that as a given.

--
Pieter Nagel