[Python-ideas] Line continuations with comments

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Wed May 22 16:11:41 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Mike Graham <mikegraham at gmail.com> wrote:
> Backslash line continuations are mostly to be avoided and making a change
> like this would seem to [snip: mostly make them more usable]

The way I see it, either one believes that backslashes belong in
Python -- and therefore they should be made as useful as possible --
or that they do not -- and therefore they should be crippled. But if
they don't belong in Python, they shouldn't be crippled, rather, they
shouldn't even exist.

A compromise should at least be internally consistent.

-- Devin