[Python-ideas] requests in the stdlib?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 15:51:39 CET 2013

Afternoon (or whatever else), gentlemen and gentle ladies!

I guess I am not the first one who experienced a profound
life-changing epiphany of meeting with the requests package.
Yesterday after fighting for hours with urllib2 (and GitHub API)
and failing, I have succeeded with requests in five minutes.

Despite how much I dislike using libraries outside of the stdlib
(yes, unittest is the way to go, please, no nosetests and
py.test for me), I am now persuaded that requests API is the
best thing since ... I don't know, API of feedparser (RIP, Aaron
Swartz)?

So, I guess, somebody had to already suggest pulling requests
into stdlib. Could somebody here point me to the resulting
discussion, please?

Thank you,

Matěj Cepl