[Python-ideas] A suggestion for Python 3 vs Python 2

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Nov 13 04:12:51 CET 2013

anatoly techtonik writes:

 > the User eXperience - don't you think that fast-typing "print var" is more
 > convenient than "print(var)"?

Sure, but I don't type either: I typically type "pr<TAB>v<CLOVERLEAF+/>".
I might need to type another letter or CLOVERLEAF+/ multiple times
depending on context.  This DTRTs in both Python 2 and Python 3 buffers.

This is true in interpreter buffers as well as in programs being saved
to files.  And similar statements are true in all my coding, whatever
language.

Why complain about Python syntax when upgrading development tools
could gives the same improvements without complicating Python?