[Python-ideas] +1 button/counter for bugs.python.org

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Sep 22 18:25:32 CEST 2013

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe writes:

 > Is it not enough that one can subscribe to the bug? It's very easy
 > (click the '+' button, then hit subscribe). That way, one can also
 > keep track of where the conversation is going, instead of a mere
 > vote-n-forget.

More important in the context of this thread, it says you care enough
to accept mail, which is a much stronger endorsement than clicking a
+1 button.

I think it might be useful to add a "most subscribed open issues"
table in the weekly report, but I hope that Guido, Antoine, Barry,
Benjamin, Brett, Georg, Nick, Raymond, Tim, ... *ignore* any "cheap
talk" voting mechanism and go on picking issues on their intuitions
about what's important to make Python beautiful.  After all, don't
*all* issues deserve enough attention to close them (if only as
"wontfix")?  Put me down for +1 on everything!<wink/>