[Python-ideas] Introduce collections.Reiterable

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Sep 22 18:37:52 CEST 2013

On 9/22/2013 10:22 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> The __getitem__ fallback is a backwards
> compatibility hack, not part of the formal definition of an iterable.

When I suggested that, by suggesting that the fallback *perhaps* could
be called 'semi-deprecated, but kept for back compatibility' in the
glossary entry, Raymond screamed at me and accused me of trying to
change the language. He considers it an intended language feature that
one can write a sequence class and not bother with __iter__. I guess we
do not all agree ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy