[Python-ideas] Browser for mailing lists

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 00:21:26 CEST 2014

On 31 March 2014 23:01, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Having all of this in a single NNTP client interface makes discussion on
> dozens of forums much more manageable than either "web forums" (*spit*)
> or mailing lists.

One of the key downsides for me of an NNTP interface is that it's (as
far as I know) extremely difficult to set up a synchronised
environment across two or more PCs. For email, gmail, while not
perfect, is a reasonably good client, and I can use it on multiple
PCs. I know of no NNTP client with a comparable feature set that
tracks what I have and haven't read across multiple PCs, allows
posting, etc. If anyone can suggest such a client (which works on
Windows, but as it'd probably be web-based, that's probably less of a
limitation that normal), I'd be immensely grateful. I realise this is
off-topic, but I don't feel *too* guilty as this whole thread is
pretty off-topic :-)

Paul

PS Google groups and the gmane web interface need not apply - neither
are particularly friendly (to be polite...)